Lucky escape for Rajdhani as goods train derails
Gwalior: The passengers of Bangalore-New
Delhi Rajdhani Express had a narrow escape early on Thursday when a
goods train derailed at Birla Nagar Station near here around
The goods train, coming from Delhi side and carrying
wheat, derailed and some waggons fell on the Down-track along
which Rajdhani was to pass, railway sources said.
The engine of the train hit a pole on the Up-track, and
fell on the other side.
However, as the information about derailment reached
Gwalior, the railway staff there immediately contacted the
driver of Rajdhani over wireless and asked him to stop the
train at Sithouli station before Gwalior.
As the Rajdhani, which has no stop at Gwalior, was to
pass without halting, there could have been a major mishap had
the staff not acted swiftly, sources added.
The train traffic on both Up and Down lines remained
disrupted for over two hours. Later the stranded trains
including Rajdhani moved on along the Up-track.
The rail traffic on the Down-track was restored around
11 am. No casualty has been reported in the derailment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation