Lucky escape for Rajdhani as goods train derails
Gwalior: The passengers of Bangalore-New
Delhi Rajdhani Express had a narrow escape early on Thursday when a
goods train derailed at Birla Nagar Station near here around
The goods train, coming from Delhi side and carrying
wheat, derailed and some waggons fell on the Down-track along
which Rajdhani was to pass, railway sources said.
The engine of the train hit a pole on the Up-track, and
fell on the other side.
However, as the information about derailment reached
Gwalior, the railway staff there immediately contacted the
driver of Rajdhani over wireless and asked him to stop the
train at Sithouli station before Gwalior.
As the Rajdhani, which has no stop at Gwalior, was to
pass without halting, there could have been a major mishap had
the staff not acted swiftly, sources added.
The train traffic on both Up and Down lines remained
disrupted for over two hours. Later the stranded trains
including Rajdhani moved on along the Up-track.
The rail traffic on the Down-track was restored around
11 am. No casualty has been reported in the derailment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened