Mahasabha to move SC for total ownership of disputed land
Ayodhya: Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha (ABHM),
one of the parties to Ayodhya title suits, on Thursday said it would
challenge the Allahabad High Court`s decision to split the
disputed land into three parts and seek total ownership of the
land for rpt for Nirmohi Akhara.
Mahasabha state President Kamlesh Tiwari told PTI that
ABHM has decided to challenge the High Court`s order regarding
distribution of the land in three parts in the apex court.
"The petition is most likely to be filed by the end of
this month. We are taking legal advise on the issue," he said.
"We will file an appeal in the apex court for complete
ownership of the dispute land in Ayodhya to Nirmohi Akhara.
The Mahasabha will also plead that the Akhara should be given
right to perform puja at the makeshift temple," Tiwari said.
He said a delegation of ABHM met Mahant of Nirmohi Akhara
Bhaskar Das this afternoon and had a detailed disussion with
"If required, we will file a joint appeal with the
Akhara," Tiwari said.
He claimed that since 1730 Akhara was performing puja in
Ayodhya and it should get the right back.
"So far, no serious process has started for an amicable
solution to the problem," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway