Make India a corruption free nation: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Ahead of Team Anna’s indefinite hunger strike that begins at Jantar Mantar today, its key member and noted RTI activist Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday solicited people’s support to make India a corruption free nation.
As per reports, Kejriwal today tweeted, “Fight 2 make India Free from Corruption! Save India! Good Morning".
Kejriwal’s appeal to the nation comes hours ahead of Team Anna’s fast to demand an independent probe into allegations of corruption against 15 Union ministers.
Kejriwal had earlier warned that Team Anna would release details of corruption against Pranab Mukherjee before his swearing-in ceremony.
Key Team Anna members -Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai – will begin their indefinite fast in a short while at the historic Jantar Mantar. They will be joined by Anna Hazare from Sunday (July 29).
According to reports, Team Anna will first visit the Rajghat and then arrive at Jantar Mantar for the fast that begins at 11 am.
Sources say Kejriwal is diabetic and will deliver one or two speeches a day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says