Mamata has positive mind on NCTC: Shinde
Kolkata: Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde Monday said that West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who had earlier objected on certain issues, has a `positive mind` towards the National Counter Terrorism Centre.
"I had talked to her earlier also on the NCTC issue. She has a positive mind (Unka toh maan hai)," Shinde told reporters when asked if he discussed the issue with the chief minister at a meeting at Fraserganj in South 24-Parganas district today.
Shinde reiterated that the Centre was keen to introduce the NCTC to firmly deal with terrorism.
The NCTC, which has regained importance following the Hyderabad serial blasts last week, has been opposed by several states on the ground that law and order was a state subject.
Shinde had yesterday said that he had already told the Rajya Sabha that the Centre would pursue the NCTC and do it.
He had also said that Mamata Banerjee was very cooperative on the issue and others like the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
"Whenever the country faces any difficulty, the CM is very cooperative," Shinde had said.
Shinde and Banerjee also discussed coastal security issues during their visit to the riverine Indo-Bangla border in the Sunderbans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS