Man dies in traffic jam, family blames PM`s convoy
New Delhi: A man died of a heart attack while he was on the way to hospital because of traffic restrictions enforced for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s convoy, his family claimed on Monday.
Anil Jain, a resident of Shahadara, was being taken to hospital after suffering a heart attack on Sunday night when the ambulance got stuck near Rajghat as traffic was stopped to let the prime minister`s convoy through.
His family alleges that they were stopped there for almost half and hour from 7.45 pm to 8.15 pm on Sunday.
"When we reached the hospital, the doctor said that even if we had brought him 10-15 minutes earlier, he could have been saved," Jain`s son Deepak said.
"Had we not been caught in the traffic restriction, he would have been saved," he told TV channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi