Man dies in traffic jam, family blames PM`s convoy
New Delhi: A man died of a heart attack while he was on the way to hospital because of traffic restrictions enforced for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s convoy, his family claimed on Monday.
Anil Jain, a resident of Shahadara, was being taken to hospital after suffering a heart attack on Sunday night when the ambulance got stuck near Rajghat as traffic was stopped to let the prime minister`s convoy through.
His family alleges that they were stopped there for almost half and hour from 7.45 pm to 8.15 pm on Sunday.
"When we reached the hospital, the doctor said that even if we had brought him 10-15 minutes earlier, he could have been saved," Jain`s son Deepak said.
"Had we not been caught in the traffic restriction, he would have been saved," he told TV channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic