Man dies in traffic jam, family blames PM`s convoy
New Delhi: A man died of a heart attack while he was on the way to hospital because of traffic restrictions enforced for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s convoy, his family claimed on Monday.
Anil Jain, a resident of Shahadara, was being taken to hospital after suffering a heart attack on Sunday night when the ambulance got stuck near Rajghat as traffic was stopped to let the prime minister`s convoy through.
His family alleges that they were stopped there for almost half and hour from 7.45 pm to 8.15 pm on Sunday.
"When we reached the hospital, the doctor said that even if we had brought him 10-15 minutes earlier, he could have been saved," Jain`s son Deepak said.
"Had we not been caught in the traffic restriction, he would have been saved," he told TV channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi