Manish Tewari to represent India at the UN
New Delhi: Congress MP and party
spokesperson Manish Tewari will represent India at the 64th
general assembly session of the United Nations.
The session is important given the fact that it is
being held in the backdrop of rising economic crisis, global
terrorism and the expansion of the United National Secrity
Council in which India has great stakes.
Tewari has been chosen by Government of India and the
Ministry of External Affairs to aruge India`s case properly
and effectively at the UN General Assembly session, which is
currently in progress, according to a press release.
The Congress MP said said it was an honour for him to
represent the country at the highest world forum. He said his
main focus would be on terrorism.
Tewari said that the other issue, India would be keen
to argue about is the expansion of the United Nations Security
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference