Manish Tewari to undergo surgery at AIIMS, Modi prays for his good health
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari, who was on Friday admitted in AIIMS, is expected to undergo a surgery on Saturday.
Tewari has been unwell for the past several days.
According to reports, doctors of the nephrology department of the institute were attending to the minister`s ailment.
BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, on microblogging website Twitter, prayed for the speedy recovery of Tewari.
I pray for the speedy recovery & good health of Union Minister Shri Manish Tewari.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 29, 2014
Tewari, 48, has been unwell for quite some time and had undergone hospitalisation at a south Delhi hospital only a few days earlier.
The Union Minister was expected to be Congress` candidate from Ludhiana Lok Sabha constituency, from where he had won the election in 2009, but has not been fielded by his party this time.
Tewari had earlier said that he was not in the poll fray because of his health about which he is learnt to have conveyed to his party`s leadership.
(With PTI inputs)
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy