Manish Tewari to undergo surgery at AIIMS, Modi prays for his good health
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari, who was on Friday admitted in AIIMS, is expected to undergo a surgery on Saturday.
Tewari has been unwell for the past several days.
According to reports, doctors of the nephrology department of the institute were attending to the minister`s ailment.
BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, on microblogging website Twitter, prayed for the speedy recovery of Tewari.
I pray for the speedy recovery & good health of Union Minister Shri Manish Tewari.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 29, 2014
Tewari, 48, has been unwell for quite some time and had undergone hospitalisation at a south Delhi hospital only a few days earlier.
The Union Minister was expected to be Congress` candidate from Ludhiana Lok Sabha constituency, from where he had won the election in 2009, but has not been fielded by his party this time.
Tewari had earlier said that he was not in the poll fray because of his health about which he is learnt to have conveyed to his party`s leadership.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof