`Many still unauthorised occupants of govt bungalows`
New Delhi: Former ministers Jagdish Tytler, Mani Shanker Aiyar, Shankarsinh Vaghela, Ram Vilas Paswan are some of the 17 persons who are still occupying government bungalows in posh Lutyen`s zone despite their cases being referred to litigation division by Ministry of Urban Development.
The latest data as on August 10, 2009, collated by the Ministry, reveals that of the 36 unauthorised occupants of government bunglows which included names of former defence minister George Fernandes, Kanshiram Rana, Kanti Singh and Ram Vilas Paswan, 19 have vacated.
Those still figuring in the list of former ministers and former members of Parliament who are unauthorised occupants of general pool bunglows include Vinod Khanna, Saleem I Sherwani, Charanjit Singh Atwal, S N Jatiya, Priyaranjan Dasmunsi, Subbulakshmi Jagadeesan, among others.
The cases came to light after an RTI activist Subhash Chandra Agrawal filed an application under the Act seeking list of unauthorised occupants in government accommodation including parliamentarians retired after recent Lok Sabha
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday