`Many still unauthorised occupants of govt bungalows`
New Delhi: Former ministers Jagdish Tytler, Mani Shanker Aiyar, Shankarsinh Vaghela, Ram Vilas Paswan are some of the 17 persons who are still occupying government bungalows in posh Lutyen`s zone despite their cases being referred to litigation division by Ministry of Urban Development.
The latest data as on August 10, 2009, collated by the Ministry, reveals that of the 36 unauthorised occupants of government bunglows which included names of former defence minister George Fernandes, Kanshiram Rana, Kanti Singh and Ram Vilas Paswan, 19 have vacated.
Those still figuring in the list of former ministers and former members of Parliament who are unauthorised occupants of general pool bunglows include Vinod Khanna, Saleem I Sherwani, Charanjit Singh Atwal, S N Jatiya, Priyaranjan Dasmunsi, Subbulakshmi Jagadeesan, among others.
The cases came to light after an RTI activist Subhash Chandra Agrawal filed an application under the Act seeking list of unauthorised occupants in government accommodation including parliamentarians retired after recent Lok Sabha
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- PM Modi calls for protection of environment on 'Mann Ki Baat'
- At least 13 dead in Vietnam bus smash
- Sonakshi Sinha does not believe in gender discrimination!
- SALUTE! This boy from UP's Mainpuri has no arms but secured 71.8% in 10th board exams - WATCH interview
- Now pay your medical insurance premium in EMIs