`Many still unauthorised occupants of govt bungalows`
New Delhi: Former ministers Jagdish Tytler, Mani Shanker Aiyar, Shankarsinh Vaghela, Ram Vilas Paswan are some of the 17 persons who are still occupying government bungalows in posh Lutyen`s zone despite their cases being referred to litigation division by Ministry of Urban Development.
The latest data as on August 10, 2009, collated by the Ministry, reveals that of the 36 unauthorised occupants of government bunglows which included names of former defence minister George Fernandes, Kanshiram Rana, Kanti Singh and Ram Vilas Paswan, 19 have vacated.
Those still figuring in the list of former ministers and former members of Parliament who are unauthorised occupants of general pool bunglows include Vinod Khanna, Saleem I Sherwani, Charanjit Singh Atwal, S N Jatiya, Priyaranjan Dasmunsi, Subbulakshmi Jagadeesan, among others.
The cases came to light after an RTI activist Subhash Chandra Agrawal filed an application under the Act seeking list of unauthorised occupants in government accommodation including parliamentarians retired after recent Lok Sabha
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption