Maoists blow up rail track near Gaya, close shave for Rajdhani Exp passengers
Zee News Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
New Delhi/Patna: Passengers on board the New Delhi-Kolkata Rajdhani Express had a narrow escape after the pilot engine running ahead of the prestigious train derailed in Naxal- infested Aurangabad district of Bihar.
The engine derailed after Maoists blew up a section of the rail track between Ismailpur and Gurari, near to Raiganj yesterday night.
Terming the incident as unfortunate, Rail Minister Sadananda Gowda, said, “Fortunately no casualty reported, safety has been taken as a priority.”
Arunendra Kumar,Chairman,Railway Board said, “The patrol train was run ahead of Rajdhani as precaution to the bandh called by Maoists.”
The derailment caused disruption of service on the busy route. Railway authorities expect resumption of service within hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa