Maoists call for two-day bandh in five states
Kolkata: The CPI(M) tonight called for
a two-day bandh on Monday and Tuesday in five states of West
Bengal, Bihar, Orissa, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh to demand
release of two of its cadres allegedly arrested by Bihar
police on August 19.
CPI(M) leader Kishanji said tonight that the bandh
have been called in the five states to demand release of two
of its cadres -- Anil and Kartick -- who were alleged arrested
by Bihar police somewhere near Patna on August 19 while they
were travelling in a train.
"We don`t know the whereabouts of Anil and Kartick as
they have not been produced in court by Bihar police till
now," Kishanji alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say