Maoists kill 10 securitymen in Orissa; blow up guest house in Jharkhand
Koraput (Orissa): Ten security personnel
were killed and as many injured in a landmine explosion
triggered by Maoists in Orissa`s Koraput district on Sunday,
The landmine exploded at Tanginiguda when a van
carrying jawans of the elite anti-Naxalite Special Operation
Group (SOG) was returning from an operation from adjacent
The jawans belonged to SOG`s road clearing wing.
The injured were admitted to nearby hospitals.
Additional force and medical team had been sent to the
spot, about 55 km from here.
Sources said a brief exchange of fire also took place
between the security personnel and the rebels near the blast
site and details were awaited.
The incident took place despite strict instruction to
the jawans to walk down leaving their vehicle while crossing
Govindpali Ghati area, sources said.
In another attack, Maoists guerrillas bombed a forest guest house in Jharkhand`s Latehar district early this morning, police said.
Around 20 to 25 Maoists rebels raided the guest house, which was vacant at the time, at Matlong village, about 140 km from Ranchi, and later triggered the blast.
The guest house was badly damaged in the blast, the police said, adding that a pamphlet was recovered from the site, which claimed that the guerrillas targeted the guest house as it was used by security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon