Maran`s continuation in cabinet untenable: BJP
Chennai: BJP on Thursday said Union Textiles Minister Dayanidhi Maran`s continuation in the Cabinet was "untenable" in the wake of allegations that he could have indirectly
benefitted by pay-offs in a telecom deal.
"Maran`s continuation as Union Minister is untenable," BJP`s national secretary Muralidhar Rao told reporters here.
Maran is in the eye of a controversy after former Aircel Chief C Sivasankaran alleged that the former as Telecom Minister in 2006 "forced and arm-twisted" him to sell his
stake in Aircel to Malaysian firm Maxis, whose owner is considered to be close to Maran and his brother Kalanidhi, who owns Sun TV Network. Maran has rejected the allegation.
On issue of black money, Rao wanted to know why the Indian government could not come out with details when WikiLeaks was coming out with information regarding black
money stashed away in Swiss banks.
Asked whether Yoga guru Baba Ramdev agitation against corruption and blackmoney was politically motivated, he said Ramdev has been conducting various programmes across the
country for so many years.
"He (Ramdev) has been talking about the black money issue for many years... why was the Congress government silent then?," he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared