Media report on LK Advani false: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Wednesday termed as "baseless" and "false" a media report which claimed that party veteran LK Advani is miffed with Narendra Modi for steering the party as a "one-man show".
"I was also present there. No such discussion took place," party chief Rajnath Singh told reporters here.
He said Advani called him up to express his surprise about the report.
"Advaniji asked me what this (news) is when nothing like that transpired in the meeting," Rajnath Singh told reporters.
Another senior leader Venkaiah Naidu said such reports are "totally baseless and nothing could be farther from truth than this falsehood".
In a statement, the former BJP president said, "It is unfair to attribute falsehood to the tallest political personality of India with the comments he never made."
Expressing surprise at the media report, the BJP leader said the facts had not been verified. "I am confident that no BJP leader worth the name would has told the reporter about such falsehood," he added.
There was, however, no word from Advani on the matter.
The media report said Advani had made such comments at the February 27 meeting of BJP`s central election committee, but Naidu said no such discussion took place at the meeting as he was himself present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price