Meeting to chalk out plan against Maoists begins in Kolkata
Kolkata: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram`s meeting with four state governments to chalk out a comprehensive inter-state operation against the Maoists began at the State Secretariat Writers Building Tuesday.
The governments of Orissa, Jharkhand, Bihar and West Bengal were taking part in the meeting, discussing the modalities of a joint operation against the ultras who were active in the four states.
However, Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar were not attending the meeting.
While Jharkhand was represented by its deputy chief ministers, Bihar was represented by officials.
Chief ministers Naveen Patnaik and Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee led the Orissa and West Bengal delegations, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city