Members forget vow, disrupt proceedings
New Delhi: A day after Parliament unanimously voiced concern over repeated disruptions, members seemed to have forgotten the vow as they created uproar on Monday affecting the proceedings.
The Rajya Sabha was adjourned twice in post lunch session as members created pandemonium over Aircel-Maxis issue with Opposition members demanding satisfactory answers to their queries with regard to alleged links between a family member of Home Minister P Chidambaram with a company in question.
The Opposition members were shouting slogans leading to first adjournment at around 2.15 pm for 15 minutes and then again for half an hour.
Earlier at around 1.07 pm there was uproar, prompting the Chair to abruptly adjourn the House for lunch.
There was commotion even when the Upper House met for the day at 11 am with few members demanding a statement on the issue.
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla reminded the members about the vow they took on the occasion to commemorate the 60th year of sitting of Parliament.
"This is sad that yesterday we pledged not to disrupt the Question Hour, but again there is commotion," he said.
Concern over repeated disruptions in Parliament`s functioning marked the special sitting yesterday with leaders pressing for "sincere" introspection to restore the dignity of the institution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city