Ministry told to take up issue of funds with plan
New Delhi: Fearing that execution of schemes meant for women and child development might face problems due to "inadequate fund allocation" this fiscal, a Parliamentary Panel has asked the Ministry concerned to take up the issue with the Planning Commission.
"Inadequate fund allocation not in sync with projected requirement of the Women and Child Development Ministry should not be a bottleneck. The committee therefore recommends the Ministry to take this matter with the Planning Commissioner for additional allocation," the panel said.
It said the Ministry should also strategise and prioritise its targets and take steps for optimum and judicious utilisation of allocation of funds.
The panel also said that providing paltry allocations to new schemes is nothing but "cosmetic measure" for addressing concerns of women and sought concerted efforts from policy makers to ensure positive outcome of welfare measures.
It also wondered how the restructuring exercise of the Intergrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) for the current year could be undertaken when the allocation to the programme is only half of Rs 30,000 crore.
Favouring additional honorarium for aanganwadi workers and aangandawi helpers under the ICDS, the panel said the "Ministry should review enhancement for them and the state government should be urged to give additional honorarium".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH