Ministry told to take up issue of funds with plan
New Delhi: Fearing that execution of schemes meant for women and child development might face problems due to "inadequate fund allocation" this fiscal, a Parliamentary Panel has asked the Ministry concerned to take up the issue with the Planning Commission.
"Inadequate fund allocation not in sync with projected requirement of the Women and Child Development Ministry should not be a bottleneck. The committee therefore recommends the Ministry to take this matter with the Planning Commissioner for additional allocation," the panel said.
It said the Ministry should also strategise and prioritise its targets and take steps for optimum and judicious utilisation of allocation of funds.
The panel also said that providing paltry allocations to new schemes is nothing but "cosmetic measure" for addressing concerns of women and sought concerted efforts from policy makers to ensure positive outcome of welfare measures.
It also wondered how the restructuring exercise of the Intergrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) for the current year could be undertaken when the allocation to the programme is only half of Rs 30,000 crore.
Favouring additional honorarium for aanganwadi workers and aangandawi helpers under the ICDS, the panel said the "Ministry should review enhancement for them and the state government should be urged to give additional honorarium".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you