Minor girl gangraped in Thane; one arrested
Thane: A 16-year-old girl from Boisar in Palghar taluka here was allegedly gangraped by two persons, rural police said today.
The matter came to light last evening when the victim lodged a complaint against accused Shakeel Abdul Ansari and Santosh.
While Ansari was arrested, the other one is still at large. Police have launched a manhunt for him.
The victim worked in a factory in Boisar industrial estate and the accused had befriended her there. Later, she moved to Nalla Sopara following which on May 22 one of them called her to Boisar railway station for a meeting.
At the railway station the girl was fed a vadapav, which was possibly laced with sedatives. She fell unconscious and the duo took turns to rape her, the complaint said.
The police have charged both the youths under various sections of the IPC and sections 3,4 and 8 of the protection of children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it