Minor girl gangraped in Thane; one arrested
Thane: A 16-year-old girl from Boisar in Palghar taluka here was allegedly gangraped by two persons, rural police said today.
The matter came to light last evening when the victim lodged a complaint against accused Shakeel Abdul Ansari and Santosh.
While Ansari was arrested, the other one is still at large. Police have launched a manhunt for him.
The victim worked in a factory in Boisar industrial estate and the accused had befriended her there. Later, she moved to Nalla Sopara following which on May 22 one of them called her to Boisar railway station for a meeting.
At the railway station the girl was fed a vadapav, which was possibly laced with sedatives. She fell unconscious and the duo took turns to rape her, the complaint said.
The police have charged both the youths under various sections of the IPC and sections 3,4 and 8 of the protection of children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash