Minor girl gangraped in Thane; one arrested
Thane: A 16-year-old girl from Boisar in Palghar taluka here was allegedly gangraped by two persons, rural police said today.
The matter came to light last evening when the victim lodged a complaint against accused Shakeel Abdul Ansari and Santosh.
While Ansari was arrested, the other one is still at large. Police have launched a manhunt for him.
The victim worked in a factory in Boisar industrial estate and the accused had befriended her there. Later, she moved to Nalla Sopara following which on May 22 one of them called her to Boisar railway station for a meeting.
At the railway station the girl was fed a vadapav, which was possibly laced with sedatives. She fell unconscious and the duo took turns to rape her, the complaint said.
The police have charged both the youths under various sections of the IPC and sections 3,4 and 8 of the protection of children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city