Minor girl gangraped in Thane; one arrested
Thane: A 16-year-old girl from Boisar in Palghar taluka here was allegedly gangraped by two persons, rural police said today.
The matter came to light last evening when the victim lodged a complaint against accused Shakeel Abdul Ansari and Santosh.
While Ansari was arrested, the other one is still at large. Police have launched a manhunt for him.
The victim worked in a factory in Boisar industrial estate and the accused had befriended her there. Later, she moved to Nalla Sopara following which on May 22 one of them called her to Boisar railway station for a meeting.
At the railway station the girl was fed a vadapav, which was possibly laced with sedatives. She fell unconscious and the duo took turns to rape her, the complaint said.
The police have charged both the youths under various sections of the IPC and sections 3,4 and 8 of the protection of children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!