Minor gives birth to child in Dehradun
Dehradun: A 14-year-old gave birth to a child in a hospital here with her family alleging that she was sexually exploited by a man known to them.
The class IX student was admitted to Doon hospital after she complained of abdominal pain yesterday, police sources said here on Monday.
To the shock of her family, the doctors at the hospital said she was pregnant and referred her to another medical facility where she gave birth to a baby boy two hours later, they said.
When the girl`s family members asked her about the pregnancy, she told them that a neighbour named Sanju, who was also her brother`s friend, first befriended her and then allegedly sexually exploited her.
A case of rape has been lodged against Sanju on the basis of the complaint of her family and the accused has been arrested.
The minor had hid the matter as she had been threatened with dire consequences if she disclosed it to anyone, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter