Minor gives birth to child in Dehradun
Dehradun: A 14-year-old gave birth to a child in a hospital here with her family alleging that she was sexually exploited by a man known to them.
The class IX student was admitted to Doon hospital after she complained of abdominal pain yesterday, police sources said here on Monday.
To the shock of her family, the doctors at the hospital said she was pregnant and referred her to another medical facility where she gave birth to a baby boy two hours later, they said.
When the girl`s family members asked her about the pregnancy, she told them that a neighbour named Sanju, who was also her brother`s friend, first befriended her and then allegedly sexually exploited her.
A case of rape has been lodged against Sanju on the basis of the complaint of her family and the accused has been arrested.
The minor had hid the matter as she had been threatened with dire consequences if she disclosed it to anyone, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation