Minor gives birth to child in Dehradun
Dehradun: A 14-year-old gave birth to a child in a hospital here with her family alleging that she was sexually exploited by a man known to them.
The class IX student was admitted to Doon hospital after she complained of abdominal pain yesterday, police sources said here on Monday.
To the shock of her family, the doctors at the hospital said she was pregnant and referred her to another medical facility where she gave birth to a baby boy two hours later, they said.
When the girl`s family members asked her about the pregnancy, she told them that a neighbour named Sanju, who was also her brother`s friend, first befriended her and then allegedly sexually exploited her.
A case of rape has been lodged against Sanju on the basis of the complaint of her family and the accused has been arrested.
The minor had hid the matter as she had been threatened with dire consequences if she disclosed it to anyone, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video