Minor gives birth to child in Dehradun
Dehradun: A 14-year-old gave birth to a child in a hospital here with her family alleging that she was sexually exploited by a man known to them.
The class IX student was admitted to Doon hospital after she complained of abdominal pain yesterday, police sources said here on Monday.
To the shock of her family, the doctors at the hospital said she was pregnant and referred her to another medical facility where she gave birth to a baby boy two hours later, they said.
When the girl`s family members asked her about the pregnancy, she told them that a neighbour named Sanju, who was also her brother`s friend, first befriended her and then allegedly sexually exploited her.
A case of rape has been lodged against Sanju on the basis of the complaint of her family and the accused has been arrested.
The minor had hid the matter as she had been threatened with dire consequences if she disclosed it to anyone, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan