Minor gives birth to child in Dehradun
Dehradun: A 14-year-old gave birth to a child in a hospital here with her family alleging that she was sexually exploited by a man known to them.
The class IX student was admitted to Doon hospital after she complained of abdominal pain yesterday, police sources said here on Monday.
To the shock of her family, the doctors at the hospital said she was pregnant and referred her to another medical facility where she gave birth to a baby boy two hours later, they said.
When the girl`s family members asked her about the pregnancy, she told them that a neighbour named Sanju, who was also her brother`s friend, first befriended her and then allegedly sexually exploited her.
A case of rape has been lodged against Sanju on the basis of the complaint of her family and the accused has been arrested.
The minor had hid the matter as she had been threatened with dire consequences if she disclosed it to anyone, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal