Missing NRI: Taxi driver holds vital clues
London: The Greater Manchester Police looking
for a 20-year-old Indian-origin man, who has been missing
since January 2, Monday said that a taxi driver may hold vital
information about him.
Concern is growing for Gurdeep Hayer who has gone missing
from a place in Manchester, which is less than 16 kilometres
from where Anuj Bidve was killed on December 26.
Based in West Bromwich, Gurdeep was last seen in
Manchester in the early hours of January 2. He travelled to
Manchester on December 31 to celebrate New Year`s Eve.
Gurdeep went out with friends on the night of January 1.
He was seen leaving the Sankeys nightclub in Manchester, on
his own, at 2.15 am the following morning.
The police now believe that Gurdeep was picked up by a
taxi from outside the nightclub. The taxi returned to the
area, without Gurdeep, no more than eight minutes later.
Detective Sergeant Alan Hamlin, of South Manchester CID,
said: "Gurdeep`s family are clearly fraught with worry for
him, as nobody has seen or heard anything from him for more
than five days now. They simply want to know he is safe".
He added: "He was seen leaving Sankeys but did not manage
to make it back to his friend`s house. Now we believe the taxi
driver who picked Gurdeep up could have vital information for
us. He came back a short time later so he could not have
dropped him off very far away from Sankeys."
The police have urged anyone who may have seen him or
spoken to him in Sankeys or anywhere else in the area to
contact them. Hayer was last seen wearing a navy blue polo
shirt, black or blue jeans and trainers.
He is described as Asian, with a medium build, about 5ft
11in tall with spiky black hair with stubble, and he speaks
with a Midlands accent. The police have released photos of
Gurdeep to help trace him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal