Mob damages school property over rescheduling of AIEEE
Ahmedabad: An irate mob on Sunday damaged property of Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV) in Shahibaugh locality, after the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE)
supposed to be held today, was rescheduled, police officials said.
Around 200 persons, accompanying students appearing for AIEEE test to be held at KV today, damaged school property after the entrance exam was re-scheduled, they said.
"We were not informed about the change in date of the exam. Earlier, also it has been re-scheduled once", an agitated protester said.
Authorities did not inform students about change in the schedule. When we reached the venue today, we were told that the test will be conducted on May 11, he said.
Police have registered a case under Public Property Damage Act after one Chandra Devani (59) lodged an FIR with them and are conducting further investigations.
The AIEEE entrance test, conducted by CBSE, on May 1 and taken by over 12 lakh students for around 26,816 engineering and architecture seats in colleges across the country, had to be rescheduled after its question papers were leaked and sold in open market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!