Mob damages school property over rescheduling of AIEEE
Ahmedabad: An irate mob on Sunday damaged property of Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV) in Shahibaugh locality, after the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE)
supposed to be held today, was rescheduled, police officials said.
Around 200 persons, accompanying students appearing for AIEEE test to be held at KV today, damaged school property after the entrance exam was re-scheduled, they said.
"We were not informed about the change in date of the exam. Earlier, also it has been re-scheduled once", an agitated protester said.
Authorities did not inform students about change in the schedule. When we reached the venue today, we were told that the test will be conducted on May 11, he said.
Police have registered a case under Public Property Damage Act after one Chandra Devani (59) lodged an FIR with them and are conducting further investigations.
The AIEEE entrance test, conducted by CBSE, on May 1 and taken by over 12 lakh students for around 26,816 engineering and architecture seats in colleges across the country, had to be rescheduled after its question papers were leaked and sold in open market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29