Modi govt has sent positive message across world: Prasad
Patna: The Narendra Modi government, through its efficient style of functioning, has sent a positive message across the world, Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said on Saturday.
"Even big and powerful countries like US, China, Japan, Brazil and Europe and Latin American countries are surprised at the revolution which has come to India by way of Narendra Modi, from a humble origin, becoming Prime Minister," he told reporters here.
"I follow foreign policy closely so I can say a great message has gone to the world on Narendra Modi becoming PM," Prasad said after a rousing reception by BJP workers at his hometown.
He also spoke about a "new" work culture in government offices.
"A new work culture is being witnessed in Delhi under Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The PM himself comes to office at 9 am and there is no time of his returning ... There is no concept of Saturday and Sunday holidays under him.”
"He does not take more than 2-3 minutes to take a decision. His single focus is how much the people will benefit from the decision," Prasad said.
Speaking on how he was informed about being made a minister, Prasad said, "We got a call at 9 in the morning from Narendra Modi himself, asking us to come to Gujarat Bhawan as we had to take oath as minister in the evening ... It is then we got to know who all are becoming ministers.”
"This is altogether a new thing in the corridors of power in Delhi where earlier middlemen and lobbyists used to play an important role in selection of ministers," he said.
"Narendra Modi chose ministers on the basis of their talent," he said.
He ducked a question on Article 370 providing special status to Jammu and Kashmir.
"Now I am in the government and any talk on the subject will come only from the government and not individuals," he said.
On the resounding victory of BJP and NDA in Bihar, Prasad said, "People of Bihar gave a fitting reply to leaders like Nitish Kumar and Lalu Prasad who made all sorts of charges against Narendra Modi."
On the chance of a special package and special status for the state, Prasad said the BJP poll manifesto said special assistance will be provided not only to Bihar, but to entire eastern region. "We will work on it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical