Modi, Rahul selling `dreams`, says CPI-M
New Delhi: The CPI-M Wednesday accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Congress leader Rahul Gandhi of selling "wares ... completely dislocated from the ground realities of real India".
Calling them "dream merchants", an editorial in party journal "People`s Democracy" said: "By selling such dreams, they are hoping to transport people, like dreams often do, into an imaginary world of `milk and honey`."
"What the people require, instead, is to change the conditions of existence in the real world. The creation of a better India for a vast majority of its people can never happen by dreaming.
"More often than not, such dreams end up being nightmares. It is into the world of such real nightmares that both these parties, through their policies, wish to take India to."
The editorial pulled up both Modi and Gandhi for choosing fora provided by India Inc to outline their policies.
"By choosing the corporate fora, both the parties have clearly signalled that they would continue to pursue policies which will only widen the hiatus between these two Indias," it said.
It pointed out that both the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) follow similar, if not the same, economic policies that widen the gulf between the rich and the poor.
Both, it said, "seek to reduce India as the subordinate ally of US imperialism.
"The unbridled opening up of our economy and domestic market for the profit maximisation of foreign and domestic capital, pursued by both, will lead to yet another loot of our resources and wealth."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH