Modi to formally kickstart BJP 2014 campaign today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who was recently anointed as the poll panel chief of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), is slated to kickstart implementing his plans on Friday. The Gujarat strongman is slated to address party workers and leaders in Bihar, where the BJP underwent a split with the JD(U) following Modi’s elevation as the poll panel chief.
This comes a day after the BJP parliamentary board meeting, wherein the party appeared to have put its internal rift behind. Veteran leader L K Advani was seen sitting next to Modi.
The meeting was called to strategise on the Lok Sabha elections and came less than a month after the patriarch`s revolt of the Gujarat CM`s elevation as the 2014 poll campaign panel chief.
The two meetings discussed ways to take on the Congress-led government in run up to the elections.
The issues that figured in these meetings included alleged "misuse" of CBI against the backdrop of probe report into Ishrat killing and government`s decision to promulgate Ordinance on Food security.
"Ideas were invited and discussed by the party top brass from the general secretaries," a source said.
The meeting also approved the extensive use of social media in the 2014 General Elections, sources said, adding the appointment of IT professionals to drive the campaign has also been cleared.
"The parliamentary board discussed the misuse of CBI and how Congress-led government is using it as political tool. It is using the agency against the Opposition leaders. We strongly condemn it," BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar said.
The Food Security Ordinance approved by the Cabinet on Wednesday was also discussed. BJP is opposed to the Bill in its present form and will press for following the Chhattisgarh Food Security Act which covers 90 per cent of the population.
Though the much-expected announcement of leaders who will be a part of the Election Campaign Committee was not announced today, Modi himself has begun the exercise to reach out to the people and party workers from different parts of the country.
Modi will address around 1,500 party workers of Bihar through video-conferencing tomorrow from Ahmedabad. He had conducted similar exercises successfully in Gujarat during the Assembly Elections in December.
He will also be visiting Puri on July 16 to participate in a party programme and interact with BJP workers. The Gujarat chief minister was to visit Andhra Pradesh on July 27 for a similar exercise but is likely to postpone it to August due to the Panchayat Elections in the state.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown