Modi will always be identified as conspirator of Gujarat riots: Beni
Barabanki: Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Friday said that BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi would always be seen through the prism of Gujarat riots, despite his concerted efforts to project a more acceptable image to the public.
"Modi can address as many `Vijay Shankhnaad` rallies as he likes but he will not be able to change his identity... He will always be identified as the conspirator of Gujarat riots and people of the country would never forgive him for it," Verma told reporters here.
Claiming that Modi would never be able to become Prime Minister, Verma said that after the elections the Gujarat Chief Minister would have to sleep in his "fake Red Forts".
The Union minister said that by ignoring the claims of its senior leader L K Advani for the prime minister`s post, BJP has committed a big mistake and would have to pay for it.
Verma claimed that both Modi and Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav are organising rallies on the same day before the elections under a secret pact.
"Mulayam can do whatever he likes, Muslims will not vote for him," Verma added.
He alleged that the Muzaffarnagar riots were instigated so that SP and BJP could take mileage in the elections while dozens of innocent people lost their lives and thousands are living in the camps under intense cold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh