Modi will always be identified as conspirator of Gujarat riots: Beni
Barabanki: Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Friday said that BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi would always be seen through the prism of Gujarat riots, despite his concerted efforts to project a more acceptable image to the public.
"Modi can address as many `Vijay Shankhnaad` rallies as he likes but he will not be able to change his identity... He will always be identified as the conspirator of Gujarat riots and people of the country would never forgive him for it," Verma told reporters here.
Claiming that Modi would never be able to become Prime Minister, Verma said that after the elections the Gujarat Chief Minister would have to sleep in his "fake Red Forts".
The Union minister said that by ignoring the claims of its senior leader L K Advani for the prime minister`s post, BJP has committed a big mistake and would have to pay for it.
Verma claimed that both Modi and Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav are organising rallies on the same day before the elections under a secret pact.
"Mulayam can do whatever he likes, Muslims will not vote for him," Verma added.
He alleged that the Muzaffarnagar riots were instigated so that SP and BJP could take mileage in the elections while dozens of innocent people lost their lives and thousands are living in the camps under intense cold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Afghan President calls for joint action against terrorism, condemns Istanbul attack
- West Bengal madrassa board wants vocational courses
- Rio Olympic 2016: IOA taking steps to nullify Zika virus threat on Indian contingent
- Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016: Check rajeduboard.nic.in for BSER/RBSE 8th board result 2016
- Cong MLAs, Rashid stage walkout from J&K Assembly