More disclosures put Nirmal Baba in tight spot
New Delhi: In a fresh disclosure involving Nirmal Baba, a report on Saturday said that over Rs 123 crores were deposited in the godman’s personal bank account between January 04 and April 13, 2012.
According to Hindi daily Prabhat Khabar , the whopping sum was deposited in the bank account No 1546000102129694, which is in the name of Nirmaljeet Singh Narula, the godman’s real name, and is not flashed on television for seeking donation.
According to the newspaper, during the same period Rs 105.56 crores were also withdrawn from the above-mentioned account and the balance as on April 13 was Rs 17.47 crores.
On Friday, the daily had reported that Rs 109 crores were found to be deposited in Nirmal Baba’s two bank accounts in just three months.
The report had further said that the godman asks for 10 percent of the salary from all those who approach him to seek solutions to their problems. Post these disclosures, Baba’s bank account have come under the I-T scanner.
The Income Tax department is going through his various bank accounts and will check whether he has paid taxes properly or not. The I-T department is also checking if any foreign deposits have been made in his account and also if he has transferred any money to foreign countries.
Nirmal Baba charges Rs 2,000 from every participant who wishes to be a part of his commune, `samagam`. This amount is transferred directly into Nirmal Baba`s three bank accounts — one each in Punjab National Bank, ICICI Bank and Yes Bank.
Nirmal Baba holds two accounts - one in the name of Nirmaljeet Singh Narula and the other in the name of `Nirmal Darbar`.
Sushma Narula, Nirmal Baba`s wife, is registered as the nominee.
Reacting to the revelations, Nirmal Baba told a news channel, “I never asked people to deposit money to solve their problems. I never assured them of any magical solution to their woes.”
He added, “Our aim is not to promote superstition but to curb it and we don’t provide any amulet, talisman or good luck charm to our devotees.”
He said all the allegations against him were baseless and he was ready to undergo a lie-detector test to prove himself.
He explained, “I have been paying my income tax regularly. My annual turnover is Rs 235 crores.”
He also mentioned that he utilises the money deposited by his devotees only in the expenditure of samagams and advertising.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt