Mulayam Singh Yadav hints at early Lok Sabha polls
Lucknow/Delhi: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Monday asked party workers to get ready for snap Lok Sabha polls as they may be held anytime after September 2013.
Yadav has been goading party workers to get their act together and work towards ensuring maximum number of seats for the party in the polls. Recently he had asked party members to "leave their fascination" of staying in the state capital and carry out extensive campaigning in favour of the party in their respective areas.
Samajwadi Party has to repeat the history of UP assembly elections in Lok Sabha polls, he said, adding that the top priority should be to achieve the target of winning maximum seats in Lok Sabha elections.
The SP supremo said more the number of party candidates winning the polls, more the party would gain a decisive role in national politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe