Mulayam Singh Yadav hints at early Lok Sabha polls
Lucknow/Delhi: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Monday asked party workers to get ready for snap Lok Sabha polls as they may be held anytime after September 2013.
Yadav has been goading party workers to get their act together and work towards ensuring maximum number of seats for the party in the polls. Recently he had asked party members to "leave their fascination" of staying in the state capital and carry out extensive campaigning in favour of the party in their respective areas.
Samajwadi Party has to repeat the history of UP assembly elections in Lok Sabha polls, he said, adding that the top priority should be to achieve the target of winning maximum seats in Lok Sabha elections.
The SP supremo said more the number of party candidates winning the polls, more the party would gain a decisive role in national politics.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video