Mulayam Singh Yadav hints at early Lok Sabha polls
Lucknow/Delhi: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Monday asked party workers to get ready for snap Lok Sabha polls as they may be held anytime after September 2013.
Yadav has been goading party workers to get their act together and work towards ensuring maximum number of seats for the party in the polls. Recently he had asked party members to "leave their fascination" of staying in the state capital and carry out extensive campaigning in favour of the party in their respective areas.
Samajwadi Party has to repeat the history of UP assembly elections in Lok Sabha polls, he said, adding that the top priority should be to achieve the target of winning maximum seats in Lok Sabha elections.
The SP supremo said more the number of party candidates winning the polls, more the party would gain a decisive role in national politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir