Muslim body flays Antony`s statement
Aligarh: An Aligarh-based Muslim body has written a letter to Congress president Sonia Gandhi expressing dismay over AK Anotony`s remarks that some sections of society have an impression that the party is inclined to minority communities.
Millat Bedari Muhim Committee (MBMC), which had supported the Congress during Lok Sabha polls, said that Muslims can do without "pseudo appeasement and tokenism which the Congress has been offering during the past few years".
The outfit passed a resolution yesterday describing Antony`s statement as a "conspiracy to totally alienate Muslims from Congress and destabilise Sonia`s leadership within the party."
"Antony`s statement has come as a shock to the Muslims who are left behind socially, economically and educationally," MBMC secretary Jasim Mohammad said.
The senior Congress leader said that some sections of the society have an impression that Congress is inclined towards minority communities.
Jasim claimed that some "Congress-led state governments had in fact tried to `hoodwink Muslims` by promising to introduce job quotas when they were fully aware that these quotas would be struck down by the courts."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India