Muslim body flays Antony`s statement
Aligarh: An Aligarh-based Muslim body has written a letter to Congress president Sonia Gandhi expressing dismay over AK Anotony`s remarks that some sections of society have an impression that the party is inclined to minority communities.
Millat Bedari Muhim Committee (MBMC), which had supported the Congress during Lok Sabha polls, said that Muslims can do without "pseudo appeasement and tokenism which the Congress has been offering during the past few years".
The outfit passed a resolution yesterday describing Antony`s statement as a "conspiracy to totally alienate Muslims from Congress and destabilise Sonia`s leadership within the party."
"Antony`s statement has come as a shock to the Muslims who are left behind socially, economically and educationally," MBMC secretary Jasim Mohammad said.
The senior Congress leader said that some sections of the society have an impression that Congress is inclined towards minority communities.
Jasim claimed that some "Congress-led state governments had in fact tried to `hoodwink Muslims` by promising to introduce job quotas when they were fully aware that these quotas would be struck down by the courts."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore