Muslims protest against Obama`s visit
Lucknow: A group of Muslims, led by the noted Shia cleric and member of All India Muslim Personal Law Board Maulana Kalbe Jawwad, Friday staged a demonstration against the visit of US president Barack Obama here.
Scores of people, holding placards that read "Obama go back, dont disturb Muslims" and "American agent murdabad", gathered outside Bara Imambara after offering the Friday prayers here.
Branding both Israel and the US as anti-Muslims, Jawwad said that the central government should change the national policy towards these nations.
"The visit of Obama will not benefit the country in anyway and linking it with progress is baseless," Jawwad said.
The agitators also burnt an effigy of the US president.
Heavy police force was deployed to check any untoward incident during protest, which passed off peacefully.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory