My teachers kindled inquisitiveness in me: Prez
Mirati (West Bengal): Paying glowing tributes to his school and his teachers, President Pranab Mukherjee has said they kindled inquisitiveness in his mind which immensely benefited him during his political career.
"I have immensely benefited from that during my working life as a member of parliament, minister and representative of the country at UNO and other international forums," Mukherjee said at a felicitation function organised Monday at the Kirnahar Shib Chandra High School in Birbhum district.
Mukherjee is now celebrating Durga Puja at his ancestral home in this village close to Kirnahar town.
"We learn every moment bit by bit from the society, people, teachers and the guardians and in this way we nourish and enrich ourselves," Mujherjee, an alumni of the school, said in his address.
At an interactive session with the present students, he urged them to strive to become good human beings and be valuable to family, society and country.
Stressing on building character as a student, he said it was very important to be dedicated and committed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez