My teachers kindled inquisitiveness in me: Prez
Mirati (West Bengal): Paying glowing tributes to his school and his teachers, President Pranab Mukherjee has said they kindled inquisitiveness in his mind which immensely benefited him during his political career.
"I have immensely benefited from that during my working life as a member of parliament, minister and representative of the country at UNO and other international forums," Mukherjee said at a felicitation function organised Monday at the Kirnahar Shib Chandra High School in Birbhum district.
Mukherjee is now celebrating Durga Puja at his ancestral home in this village close to Kirnahar town.
"We learn every moment bit by bit from the society, people, teachers and the guardians and in this way we nourish and enrich ourselves," Mujherjee, an alumni of the school, said in his address.
At an interactive session with the present students, he urged them to strive to become good human beings and be valuable to family, society and country.
Stressing on building character as a student, he said it was very important to be dedicated and committed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing