Narayansamy slams Kejriwal on remarks about Vasan
Puducherry: Union Minister V Narayansamy on Sunday condemned Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for mentioning Shipping Minister G K Vasan in his list of `corrupt` leaders saying he has a habit of levelling allegations without proof.
"Kejriwal lacks basic calibre and standard, and I strongly condemn his comments on Vasan. He has been in the habit of levelling allegations without proof or supporting evidence," he told reporters here.
Kejriwal had on Friday released a list of `corrupt` politicians in Delhi, which included Rahul Gandhi and Central Ministers besides leaders of other parties.
Referring to recent detection and defusing of a powerful pipe bomb under his car here, Narayanasamy voiced concern over failure of Puducherry government to put in place necessary security infrastructure and also to have trained manpower for disposal and defusing of bombs.
He said it was defused by a team of experts from Bomb Detection and Disposal squad in Tamil Nadu.
"It is, however, unfortunate that when law and order is in shambles and with the rise in bomb culture in the Union Territory, the Puducherry administration is yet to put in place necessary infrastructure such as closed circuit television and to have trained personnel for defusing the bombs as and when they were detected," he said.
Narayanasamy, who has been provided Z category security by the Home Ministry, said he had presented a letter to the Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde seeking grant of Rs 25 crore to strengthen the security apparatus in Puducherry.
He said he had brought to the notice of the Union Home Minister about the incident and Shinde immediately ordered the National Investigation Agency to hold the probe which is in progress now.
He also said he brought it to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s notice and the PM had ordered the investigation Agency to submit in a week`s time an interim report on who were behind the crime and other details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon