Narcotics Bureau official in CBI net for taking graft
New Delhi: The CBI has registered a case
against an Inspector of Central Bureau of Narcotics posted in
Mandsore in Madhya Pradesh for accepting a bribe of Rs seven
lakh and recovered opium from his residence during searches.
The agency acted on a written complaint against Inspector
Dharam Singh Meena alleging that he along with a tout Manohar
Lal had demanded Rs 10 lakh to not implicate the complainant
in a case under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances
Act, official sources said here.
After negotiations, the amount was brought down to Rs
seven lakh after which the agency laid the trap and Lal was
caught while accepting the bribe on Meena`s behalf. Meena was
arrested by the agency later, they said.
Meena had been booked earlier by the Rajasthan Anti-
Corruption Bureau on bribery charges but the agency had to
file a closure report as permission from the Central Bureau of
Narcotics could not be procured in time, they said.
During the searches at Meena`s residence, the agency
sleuths recovered 61 grams of opium, a banned substance, the
The agency slapped relevant sections of the Prevention of
Corruption Act against them and produced the two before the
special CBI judge cases in Indore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!