Narcotics Bureau official in CBI net for taking graft
New Delhi: The CBI has registered a case
against an Inspector of Central Bureau of Narcotics posted in
Mandsore in Madhya Pradesh for accepting a bribe of Rs seven
lakh and recovered opium from his residence during searches.
The agency acted on a written complaint against Inspector
Dharam Singh Meena alleging that he along with a tout Manohar
Lal had demanded Rs 10 lakh to not implicate the complainant
in a case under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances
Act, official sources said here.
After negotiations, the amount was brought down to Rs
seven lakh after which the agency laid the trap and Lal was
caught while accepting the bribe on Meena`s behalf. Meena was
arrested by the agency later, they said.
Meena had been booked earlier by the Rajasthan Anti-
Corruption Bureau on bribery charges but the agency had to
file a closure report as permission from the Central Bureau of
Narcotics could not be procured in time, they said.
During the searches at Meena`s residence, the agency
sleuths recovered 61 grams of opium, a banned substance, the
The agency slapped relevant sections of the Prevention of
Corruption Act against them and produced the two before the
special CBI judge cases in Indore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended