Narcotics Bureau official in CBI net for taking graft
New Delhi: The CBI has registered a case
against an Inspector of Central Bureau of Narcotics posted in
Mandsore in Madhya Pradesh for accepting a bribe of Rs seven
lakh and recovered opium from his residence during searches.
The agency acted on a written complaint against Inspector
Dharam Singh Meena alleging that he along with a tout Manohar
Lal had demanded Rs 10 lakh to not implicate the complainant
in a case under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances
Act, official sources said here.
After negotiations, the amount was brought down to Rs
seven lakh after which the agency laid the trap and Lal was
caught while accepting the bribe on Meena`s behalf. Meena was
arrested by the agency later, they said.
Meena had been booked earlier by the Rajasthan Anti-
Corruption Bureau on bribery charges but the agency had to
file a closure report as permission from the Central Bureau of
Narcotics could not be procured in time, they said.
During the searches at Meena`s residence, the agency
sleuths recovered 61 grams of opium, a banned substance, the
The agency slapped relevant sections of the Prevention of
Corruption Act against them and produced the two before the
special CBI judge cases in Indore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report