Narcotics Bureau official in CBI net for taking graft
New Delhi: The CBI has registered a case
against an Inspector of Central Bureau of Narcotics posted in
Mandsore in Madhya Pradesh for accepting a bribe of Rs seven
lakh and recovered opium from his residence during searches.
The agency acted on a written complaint against Inspector
Dharam Singh Meena alleging that he along with a tout Manohar
Lal had demanded Rs 10 lakh to not implicate the complainant
in a case under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances
Act, official sources said here.
After negotiations, the amount was brought down to Rs
seven lakh after which the agency laid the trap and Lal was
caught while accepting the bribe on Meena`s behalf. Meena was
arrested by the agency later, they said.
Meena had been booked earlier by the Rajasthan Anti-
Corruption Bureau on bribery charges but the agency had to
file a closure report as permission from the Central Bureau of
Narcotics could not be procured in time, they said.
During the searches at Meena`s residence, the agency
sleuths recovered 61 grams of opium, a banned substance, the
The agency slapped relevant sections of the Prevention of
Corruption Act against them and produced the two before the
special CBI judge cases in Indore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand