Narcotics Bureau official in CBI net for taking graft
New Delhi: The CBI has registered a case
against an Inspector of Central Bureau of Narcotics posted in
Mandsore in Madhya Pradesh for accepting a bribe of Rs seven
lakh and recovered opium from his residence during searches.
The agency acted on a written complaint against Inspector
Dharam Singh Meena alleging that he along with a tout Manohar
Lal had demanded Rs 10 lakh to not implicate the complainant
in a case under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances
Act, official sources said here.
After negotiations, the amount was brought down to Rs
seven lakh after which the agency laid the trap and Lal was
caught while accepting the bribe on Meena`s behalf. Meena was
arrested by the agency later, they said.
Meena had been booked earlier by the Rajasthan Anti-
Corruption Bureau on bribery charges but the agency had to
file a closure report as permission from the Central Bureau of
Narcotics could not be procured in time, they said.
During the searches at Meena`s residence, the agency
sleuths recovered 61 grams of opium, a banned substance, the
The agency slapped relevant sections of the Prevention of
Corruption Act against them and produced the two before the
special CBI judge cases in Indore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?