Narendra Modi beats Sachin Tendulkar on Facebook
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 polls, Narendra Modi, is the most talked about person on Facebook. According to the US-based social networking site he has beaten batting legend Sachin Tendulkar and Apple`s iPhone 5s in the process.
As per Facebook`s top Indian trends of 2013, RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan and India`s Mars mission were also left behind by Modi. It is said that the site has 82 million MAUs (monthly active users) in India for the quarter ending June 31, 2013.
Modi was followed by Sachin, iPhone 5s, Raghuram Rajan and Mangalyaan. Sachin retired from international cricket after a career spanning 24 years. He bid adieu to the game after playing his 200th Test in Mumbai against the West Indies.
And India launched its maiden mission to Mars last month.
Interestingly, Sukhdev Dabha at Murthal (Haryana) was the most talked about place to visit on Facebook. It was followed by Golden Temple in Amritsar, Bangla Sahib Gurudwar in Connaught Place and India Gate in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh