Narendra Modi beats Sachin Tendulkar on Facebook
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 polls, Narendra Modi, is the most talked about person on Facebook. According to the US-based social networking site he has beaten batting legend Sachin Tendulkar and Apple`s iPhone 5s in the process.
As per Facebook`s top Indian trends of 2013, RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan and India`s Mars mission were also left behind by Modi. It is said that the site has 82 million MAUs (monthly active users) in India for the quarter ending June 31, 2013.
Modi was followed by Sachin, iPhone 5s, Raghuram Rajan and Mangalyaan. Sachin retired from international cricket after a career spanning 24 years. He bid adieu to the game after playing his 200th Test in Mumbai against the West Indies.
And India launched its maiden mission to Mars last month.
Interestingly, Sukhdev Dabha at Murthal (Haryana) was the most talked about place to visit on Facebook. It was followed by Golden Temple in Amritsar, Bangla Sahib Gurudwar in Connaught Place and India Gate in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Male hormones can turn back cell aging!
- DCW chief booked for naming Dalit rape victim, says not scared
- Delhi: Raped by 30-yr-old man, 4-yr-old girl undergoes surgery
- Strong need of creating awareness on organ donation: Experts
- Narendra Modi's silence on Dalit assault devaluation of PM's post: Congress