Narendra Modi has credibility, BJP needs to change: Ramdev
Chandigarh: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has "credibility" while the BJP needed to "bring a lot of change" in its character, Yoga guru Ramdev said on Tuesday.
Expressing support to Modi as the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate, Ramdev told reporters here, "Modi is a secular leader...He developed Gujarat a lot, including areas belonging to minorities."
Referring to Congress` criticism of the Gujarat Chief Minister, he said, "Modi does not require any certificate from Congress whether he is secular or non-secular."
Ramdev said Modi`s "puppy" remark was misinterpreted and advised him to be cautious as his statements were taken in a negative sense.
"Modi has credibility while the BJP needs to bring lot of change in its character," he said.
Ramdev said he would support any leader who vowed to bring back black money, end corruption and bring a change in the present system.
He said he had met both Modi and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on these issues.
"I am behind Modi as he is capable of bringing back black money, ending corruption and bringing a change in the present system," he said.
When asked whether Ram temple should be an election issue, he said, "Ram is a symbol of national honour of the country. I don`t think there should be a debate on the issue of building Ram temple."
Ramdev asserted that corrupt persons in the country should be given stringent life imprisonment and their properties must be attached by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head