Narendra Modi has credibility, BJP needs to change: Ramdev
Chandigarh: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has "credibility" while the BJP needed to "bring a lot of change" in its character, Yoga guru Ramdev said on Tuesday.
Expressing support to Modi as the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate, Ramdev told reporters here, "Modi is a secular leader...He developed Gujarat a lot, including areas belonging to minorities."
Referring to Congress` criticism of the Gujarat Chief Minister, he said, "Modi does not require any certificate from Congress whether he is secular or non-secular."
Ramdev said Modi`s "puppy" remark was misinterpreted and advised him to be cautious as his statements were taken in a negative sense.
"Modi has credibility while the BJP needs to bring lot of change in its character," he said.
Ramdev said he would support any leader who vowed to bring back black money, end corruption and bring a change in the present system.
He said he had met both Modi and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on these issues.
"I am behind Modi as he is capable of bringing back black money, ending corruption and bringing a change in the present system," he said.
When asked whether Ram temple should be an election issue, he said, "Ram is a symbol of national honour of the country. I don`t think there should be a debate on the issue of building Ram temple."
Ramdev asserted that corrupt persons in the country should be given stringent life imprisonment and their properties must be attached by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy earthquake death toll rises to 247 as rescuers desperately search for survivors
- Sensex firms up 78 points in early trade on F&O expiry
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor