`Narendra Modi has no right to invoke Mahatama Gandhi`s name`
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh hit out at Narendra Modi, saying the Gujarat Chief Minister has "no right" to invoke Mahatma Gandhi`s name.
"Modi takes Gandhi`s name not because he agrees with his ideologies or principles but because he wants to encash on his standing among the people," Singh told reporters in Raghogarh on Sunday.
Singh said there was no truth in Modi`s claim that after Independence Gandhi advocated that the Congress must be disbanded.
Regarding Telangana, he said a meeting of the Group of Ministers (GoM) would soon be held to discuss all matters related to the issue.
He said that the UPA government had arrived at the decision on forming a separate Telangana state only after consulting all political parties. Singh said recent rains in Madhya Pradesh had caused losses to crops, but the BJP-led government has not yet ordered any survey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq