`Narendra Modi has no right to invoke Mahatama Gandhi`s name`
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh hit out at Narendra Modi, saying the Gujarat Chief Minister has "no right" to invoke Mahatma Gandhi`s name.
"Modi takes Gandhi`s name not because he agrees with his ideologies or principles but because he wants to encash on his standing among the people," Singh told reporters in Raghogarh on Sunday.
Singh said there was no truth in Modi`s claim that after Independence Gandhi advocated that the Congress must be disbanded.
Regarding Telangana, he said a meeting of the Group of Ministers (GoM) would soon be held to discuss all matters related to the issue.
He said that the UPA government had arrived at the decision on forming a separate Telangana state only after consulting all political parties. Singh said recent rains in Madhya Pradesh had caused losses to crops, but the BJP-led government has not yet ordered any survey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP