`Narendra Modi has no right to invoke Mahatama Gandhi`s name`
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh hit out at Narendra Modi, saying the Gujarat Chief Minister has "no right" to invoke Mahatma Gandhi`s name.
"Modi takes Gandhi`s name not because he agrees with his ideologies or principles but because he wants to encash on his standing among the people," Singh told reporters in Raghogarh on Sunday.
Singh said there was no truth in Modi`s claim that after Independence Gandhi advocated that the Congress must be disbanded.
Regarding Telangana, he said a meeting of the Group of Ministers (GoM) would soon be held to discuss all matters related to the issue.
He said that the UPA government had arrived at the decision on forming a separate Telangana state only after consulting all political parties. Singh said recent rains in Madhya Pradesh had caused losses to crops, but the BJP-led government has not yet ordered any survey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how