Narendra Modi right about Congress hiding behind veil, says Thakur
New Delhi: When the Congress does not want to answer questions, it hides behind a veil and what Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said the day before is the truth, said All India Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha president Anurag Thakur on Monday.
"On the context of the veil, I would just like to say that when the Congress party does not have an answer, it hides in a veil and Narendra Modi has spoken the truth," Thakur told reporters here.
He took a dig at the Congress on the food security ordinance and said: "The country also knows that the Congress is rolling out the food security (scheme) only to win elections."
Addressing a college gathering in Pune on Sunday, Modi said that whenever the Congress government is faced by trouble, it hides behind "a veil of secularism" so that no one questions them on real issues.
Congress general secretary Ajay Maken Monday slammed Modi and said: "The veil of secularism is better than naked communalism."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket