Narendra Modi right about Congress hiding behind veil, says Thakur
New Delhi: When the Congress does not want to answer questions, it hides behind a veil and what Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said the day before is the truth, said All India Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha president Anurag Thakur on Monday.
"On the context of the veil, I would just like to say that when the Congress party does not have an answer, it hides in a veil and Narendra Modi has spoken the truth," Thakur told reporters here.
He took a dig at the Congress on the food security ordinance and said: "The country also knows that the Congress is rolling out the food security (scheme) only to win elections."
Addressing a college gathering in Pune on Sunday, Modi said that whenever the Congress government is faced by trouble, it hides behind "a veil of secularism" so that no one questions them on real issues.
Congress general secretary Ajay Maken Monday slammed Modi and said: "The veil of secularism is better than naked communalism."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof