Narendra Modi right about Congress hiding behind veil, says Thakur
New Delhi: When the Congress does not want to answer questions, it hides behind a veil and what Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said the day before is the truth, said All India Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha president Anurag Thakur on Monday.
"On the context of the veil, I would just like to say that when the Congress party does not have an answer, it hides in a veil and Narendra Modi has spoken the truth," Thakur told reporters here.
He took a dig at the Congress on the food security ordinance and said: "The country also knows that the Congress is rolling out the food security (scheme) only to win elections."
Addressing a college gathering in Pune on Sunday, Modi said that whenever the Congress government is faced by trouble, it hides behind "a veil of secularism" so that no one questions them on real issues.
Congress general secretary Ajay Maken Monday slammed Modi and said: "The veil of secularism is better than naked communalism."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them