Narendra Modi says BJP his mother, gets emotional
New Delhi: BJP`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi on Tuesday got emotional while addressing the party`s newly-elected MPs and other leaders.
Modi, who was elected as leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party parliamentary party, got emotional while responding to veteran leader LK Advani`s remarks that he (Modi) had done a favour by leading the party in the Lok Sabha election.
"Advani ji used a word. I request Adavani ji not to use the word again. He said Modi has done a `kripa` (favour)...`," Modi said.
As his eyes welled up, he abruptly stopped his address. Unable to continue with his address, Modi asked for a glass of water. Even after sipping some, Modi stood at the lactern with bent head, overcome with emotion.
Still with choked voice, Modi asked: "Is serving the country a favour?...It cannot be. As India is my mother, the BJP is also my mother and a son does not do favour to his mother. A son can only work with dedication."
Leaders like Ravi Shankar Prasad and Kirron Kher were also seen overcome with emotion and wiping a tear.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living