Narendra Modi says BJP his mother, gets emotional
New Delhi: BJP`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi on Tuesday got emotional while addressing the party`s newly-elected MPs and other leaders.
Modi, who was elected as leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party parliamentary party, got emotional while responding to veteran leader LK Advani`s remarks that he (Modi) had done a favour by leading the party in the Lok Sabha election.
"Advani ji used a word. I request Adavani ji not to use the word again. He said Modi has done a `kripa` (favour)...`," Modi said.
As his eyes welled up, he abruptly stopped his address. Unable to continue with his address, Modi asked for a glass of water. Even after sipping some, Modi stood at the lactern with bent head, overcome with emotion.
Still with choked voice, Modi asked: "Is serving the country a favour?...It cannot be. As India is my mother, the BJP is also my mother and a son does not do favour to his mother. A son can only work with dedication."
Leaders like Ravi Shankar Prasad and Kirron Kher were also seen overcome with emotion and wiping a tear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery