Narendra Modi says BJP his mother, gets emotional
New Delhi: BJP`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi on Tuesday got emotional while addressing the party`s newly-elected MPs and other leaders.
Modi, who was elected as leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party parliamentary party, got emotional while responding to veteran leader LK Advani`s remarks that he (Modi) had done a favour by leading the party in the Lok Sabha election.
"Advani ji used a word. I request Adavani ji not to use the word again. He said Modi has done a `kripa` (favour)...`," Modi said.
As his eyes welled up, he abruptly stopped his address. Unable to continue with his address, Modi asked for a glass of water. Even after sipping some, Modi stood at the lactern with bent head, overcome with emotion.
Still with choked voice, Modi asked: "Is serving the country a favour?...It cannot be. As India is my mother, the BJP is also my mother and a son does not do favour to his mother. A son can only work with dedication."
Leaders like Ravi Shankar Prasad and Kirron Kher were also seen overcome with emotion and wiping a tear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray