Narendra Modi says that the nation looks forward to constructive times
Gandhinagar: In a statement signalling a change of regime at the Centre in the coming months, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said here on Friday that the country is looking forward to a "constructive" change within the next 182 days.
Stating that the construction of the Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar was completed within 182 days, Modi, inaugurating a two-day `National Education Summit` here organised by the Gujarat state`s education department along with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) said, "We can bring constructive change in our country after 182 days."
"Mahatma Mandir was constructed in 182 days during the Golden Jubilee year celebrations of Gujarat in 2010. In our country also, we can bring constructive change within 182 days," Modi said, apparently hinting at a change of regime at the Centre after the Lok Sabha elections.
He said the the National Education Summit is a great opportunity for the people of Gujarat and the rest of the country to "learn".
"This summit is a great opportunity for everyone to learn. India`s youth, a small group, has come together at Mahatma Mandir. Through the medium of education, we should dream of giving something to the world. We should develop an education system that produces harbingers of change," Modi said.
Advocating a positive atmosphere to enable overall development of a person, Modi called for creating the "right" environment where education could "shine".
"The mind does not develop only with books, but an environment has to be created," Modi said.
He said that in addition to the "head", both the hand and "the heart" are important for "all-round learning".
Modi also stressed the fact that "every" type of work is important and must be respected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal