Narendra Modi`s communal stand confusing: Kamal Farooqui
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former Samajwadi Party leader Kamal Farooqui on Wednesday appreciated Bharatiya Janata Party`s president Rajnath Singh saying that his party will ask for forgiveness from Muslims if it had ever committed any mistake in the past.
Speaking to ANI, Farooqui said the BJP president`s efforts of being humble is appreciable. However, the ex-SP leader said that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s communal stand in confusing.
Speaking at the "Narendra Modi`s Mission 272+: Role of Muslims" summit, attended by members of the party`s minority cell, Rajnath Singh yesterday urged Muslims to give the BJP a chance in the Lok Sabha elections.
“If we have ever committed any mistake, I assure you that we will bow down and ask for forgiveness,” Rajnath said.
"Give us a chance, there will be elections again after five years. If we fail in meeting your expectations, don`t vote for us again," IANS quoted him as saying.
Meanwhile, Congress leader Satyavrat Chaturvedi today said that if RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat and Modi do not apologise for 2002 Gujarat riots then Rajnath`s apology makes no difference.
The BJP chief asked the Muslim community not to vote for electing a government but for a strong nation where brotherhood and humanity shall prevail.
Talking about the 2002 Gujarat riots, Rajnath Singh said Congress engineered such a propaganda as if Modi had ordered the massacre of all Muslims at that time and is now not even ready to accept the clean chit given to him by the courts, a PTI news report said.
"Congress is playing vote bank politics to defame Modi and BJP... Try and understand this, they want Muslims to move away from BJP," he said.
"Now, the court has also given him a clean chit, what else is left against him," the BJP chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?