National Voters` Day being observed today
New Delhi: The third National Voters` Day is being observed across the country on Friday.
The objective of the day is to increase citizen`s participation in the electoral process, more specifically to enroll the newly eligible youth who have just attained the age of 18 years in the electoral rolls.
According to data released by the Election Commission, over 2.32 crore citizens have been registered under the enrollment drive conducted by the Commission across the country ahead of the third National Voters` Day.
Of them, around 93 lakh voters are in the age group of 18 to 19 years.
School and colleges, news agencies, Indian Railways and Rural Development Ministry have been carrying out awareness campaign about the voting Rights of individuals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan