National Voters` Day being observed today
New Delhi: The third National Voters` Day is being observed across the country on Friday.
The objective of the day is to increase citizen`s participation in the electoral process, more specifically to enroll the newly eligible youth who have just attained the age of 18 years in the electoral rolls.
According to data released by the Election Commission, over 2.32 crore citizens have been registered under the enrollment drive conducted by the Commission across the country ahead of the third National Voters` Day.
Of them, around 93 lakh voters are in the age group of 18 to 19 years.
School and colleges, news agencies, Indian Railways and Rural Development Ministry have been carrying out awareness campaign about the voting Rights of individuals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter