National Voters` Day being observed today
New Delhi: The third National Voters` Day is being observed across the country on Friday.
The objective of the day is to increase citizen`s participation in the electoral process, more specifically to enroll the newly eligible youth who have just attained the age of 18 years in the electoral rolls.
According to data released by the Election Commission, over 2.32 crore citizens have been registered under the enrollment drive conducted by the Commission across the country ahead of the third National Voters` Day.
Of them, around 93 lakh voters are in the age group of 18 to 19 years.
School and colleges, news agencies, Indian Railways and Rural Development Ministry have been carrying out awareness campaign about the voting Rights of individuals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you