Naxalites recruiting young children in cadres
New Delhi: Naxalites are regularly
recruiting young children in their cadres known as `Bal
"As per available inputs, CPI (Maoist) recruit young
children from time to time. Such children squads are known as
`Bal Dasta` and `Bal Sangham`," Minister of State for Home
Affairs Ajay Maken told Lok Sabha in a written reply.
Maken also informed the House that government has
revised the surrender and rehabilitation guidelines in
"In order to bring Naxalites into the mainstream, the
states have their own surrender and rehabilitation policies.
Government has approved revised guidelines for
surrender-cum-rehabilitation of Naxalites in the Maoist-hit
states which inter alia provides for an immediate grant of Rs
1.5 lakh, a stipend of Rs 2,000 for three years, vocational
training and incentives for surrender of weapons," he said.
State governments deal with the various issues related
to Naxalite activities in the states. The Central government
supplements their efforts over a wide range of schemes, both
on security and development fronts, Maken added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened