Naxalites recruiting young children in cadres
New Delhi: Naxalites are regularly
recruiting young children in their cadres known as `Bal
"As per available inputs, CPI (Maoist) recruit young
children from time to time. Such children squads are known as
`Bal Dasta` and `Bal Sangham`," Minister of State for Home
Affairs Ajay Maken told Lok Sabha in a written reply.
Maken also informed the House that government has
revised the surrender and rehabilitation guidelines in
"In order to bring Naxalites into the mainstream, the
states have their own surrender and rehabilitation policies.
Government has approved revised guidelines for
surrender-cum-rehabilitation of Naxalites in the Maoist-hit
states which inter alia provides for an immediate grant of Rs
1.5 lakh, a stipend of Rs 2,000 for three years, vocational
training and incentives for surrender of weapons," he said.
State governments deal with the various issues related
to Naxalite activities in the states. The Central government
supplements their efforts over a wide range of schemes, both
on security and development fronts, Maken added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Men with suspected ISIS links brought to Kochi for probe
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought