NDA will be back to power in 2014 polls: Gadkari
Guwahati: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Saturday claimed National Democratic Alliance would come back to power at the Centre post 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
"It is certain that the next government in New Delhi (Centre) will be that of BJP-led NDA. I have full confidence in that," Gadkari said while inaugurating the party`s new head office at Hangrabari here.
Gadkari accused the UPA government of failing to implement programmes launched by the previous NDA dispensation headed by Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Later in a programme of party workers, he said the Vajpayee goverment had launched a number of schemes for the development of Assam and the North East.
"Unfortunately, later the programmes have lost momentum and are running behind schedule," Gadkari said.
BJP, he said, had prepared `vision documents` for strenthening the party in Assam and other north eastern states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs