NDA will be back to power in 2014 polls: Gadkari
Guwahati: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Saturday claimed National Democratic Alliance would come back to power at the Centre post 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
"It is certain that the next government in New Delhi (Centre) will be that of BJP-led NDA. I have full confidence in that," Gadkari said while inaugurating the party`s new head office at Hangrabari here.
Gadkari accused the UPA government of failing to implement programmes launched by the previous NDA dispensation headed by Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Later in a programme of party workers, he said the Vajpayee goverment had launched a number of schemes for the development of Assam and the North East.
"Unfortunately, later the programmes have lost momentum and are running behind schedule," Gadkari said.
BJP, he said, had prepared `vision documents` for strenthening the party in Assam and other north eastern states.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'