NDA will be back to power in 2014 polls: Gadkari
Guwahati: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Saturday claimed National Democratic Alliance would come back to power at the Centre post 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
"It is certain that the next government in New Delhi (Centre) will be that of BJP-led NDA. I have full confidence in that," Gadkari said while inaugurating the party`s new head office at Hangrabari here.
Gadkari accused the UPA government of failing to implement programmes launched by the previous NDA dispensation headed by Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Later in a programme of party workers, he said the Vajpayee goverment had launched a number of schemes for the development of Assam and the North East.
"Unfortunately, later the programmes have lost momentum and are running behind schedule," Gadkari said.
BJP, he said, had prepared `vision documents` for strenthening the party in Assam and other north eastern states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars