NDA will be back to power in 2014 polls: Gadkari
Guwahati: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Saturday claimed National Democratic Alliance would come back to power at the Centre post 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
"It is certain that the next government in New Delhi (Centre) will be that of BJP-led NDA. I have full confidence in that," Gadkari said while inaugurating the party`s new head office at Hangrabari here.
Gadkari accused the UPA government of failing to implement programmes launched by the previous NDA dispensation headed by Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Later in a programme of party workers, he said the Vajpayee goverment had launched a number of schemes for the development of Assam and the North East.
"Unfortunately, later the programmes have lost momentum and are running behind schedule," Gadkari said.
BJP, he said, had prepared `vision documents` for strenthening the party in Assam and other north eastern states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam