NDA will win over 300 seats in 2014 elections: BJP
Mumbai: Calling the UPA a "minority government" and ruling out the possibility of a Third Front government, the BJP on Tuesday claimed that the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) would come to power after the 2014 elections.
"Till the time the Left enjoyed power in some states, the possibility of Third Front government did exist. But now, we feel there is no possibility of a Third Front. We totally reject it," party general secretary and newly-appointed in-charge of Maharashtra BJP, Rajiv Pratap Rudy, said at a press conference here.
Criticising the Congress-led UPA government for "corruption and economic crisis", he said, "India has emerged as a failure before the world, be it on foreign policy or diplomatic relations."
"UPA-II is in its last leg. Cracks are developing within the UPA. Their allies like DMK and TMC have withdrawn support. They are no longer a government with 272 clean majority. They are minority government," Rudy claimed.
"We (NDA) will win more than 300 seats in the next general elections. On the strength of our young leadership, we will also form the government in Maharashtra," he said.
Referring to the reported rift between Congress chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Rudy alleged, "The PM had never been at the helm of affairs. There have always been differences between 10 Janpath and 7 Race Course Road. As a reason, UPA has never been effective in their 4-year term."
Rudy also alleged that Singh used JPC to wriggle out of the 2G spectrum scam case and is "silent" on sensitive issues like the infiltration of Bangladeshis, threat from Pakistan and Chinese incursion and killing of Indian national Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan`s Kot Lakhpat jail by other inmates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’