`Nearly 30% inciting material on Assam riots uploaded in Pak`
Tehran: Government has found that nearly 30 percent morphed images and inflammatory videos, which incited Muslims leading to exodus of Northeast origin people, were uploaded in Pakistan and some of those involved in it were identified.
Top government sources also said India will push for framing a strong international cyber security law to trace and punish those involved in cyber crimes besides appointing a cyber security coordinator.
"26 to 28 per cent stuffs were uploaded in Pakistan. It is difficult to identify all of them but we have information about some people involved in it," they said.
Asked whether Prime Minister Manmohan Singh would raise the issue when he meets President Asif Ali Zardari on the sidelines of NAM summit, sources did not say clearly whether it would be discussed with the Pakistani leader.
Thousands of people from the Northeast living in cities like Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai and Pune left their work places last fortnight following rumours of reprisal attacks.
The rumours spread after morphed images and inflammatory videos were uploaded in several hundred websites, falsely suggesting that atrocities were committed on minorities living in Assam during clashes between Bodos and Muslims.
Government has already blocked more than 300 webpages where these contents were uploaded.
Union Home Secretary RK Singh had said that bulk of the rumours that triggered panic among people of northeastern states in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra were sourced from Pakistan.
The issue was also raised by Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde during a telephonic conversation with his Pakistani counterpart Rehman Malik. Shinde asked him to take action against those involved in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!