Never done anything unethical: Ratan Tata
New Delhi: At a time when the fight against corruption is occupying the centrestage in nation’s consciousness, Ratan Tata, the chairman of one of India’s prominent business conglomerates, Tata Sons, has reiterated that he had never been part of any clandestine activity.
“No, we have succeeded in growing in the manner we have, without, in fact partaking in this,” said Tata, who is one of India’s most respected names in business.
Speaking to a international news channel, the visionary business tycoon also categorically denied his company’s involvement in the 2G spectrum scam and stressed that no one from his group did anything inappropriate or unethical.
Tata said. “I can say with my hand to my heart we have not in fact partaken in any clandestine activity. I am hopeful that the investigations that are underway will truthfully bring out the position and that the truth will be on the table before too long.”
The Tata Group chairperson, however, maintained that things were improving in the country due to judicial activism and people are getting vigilant with every passing day.
He also expressed hope that India does not become a nation of scandals and allegations and urged the national media to be circumspect and refrain from trying a person or an organization until and unless they have had a fair trial.
He also appealed to the media to refrain from maligning or accusing anyone until charges against him is proved by a court of law.
When asked how he would react to common perception that it is difficult to be honest businessmen in India, Rata Tata opined that there were still many honest businessmen in the country. However, he did not rule out that a section of business leaders do resort to unethical practices with an aim to getting things done.
Adding that he is happy that he never bent before corruption, Ratan Tata said that he had never surrendered to such things in his entire life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city