New BJP slogan for 2014 polls; Modi to be poster boy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party is all set to unveil a new slogan for the upcoming General Elections in 2014 in a bid to instil confidence among voters.
According to sources, the party`s new slogan will be: Nayi soch, nayi ummeed (new thinking, new hope).
Narendra Modi, who is likely to be declared as the party`s prime ministerial candidate, will be pictured on the posters alongside the party`s election symbol lotus flower.
The BJP is making all efforts, be it social media, mobiles and apps, e-mails or websites, to tap into new communication platforms in a big way.
A campaign has also been launched by the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha, portraying Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as a "youth icon".
The BJYM is also making use of promotional items such as T-shirts and publicity material including stickers, banners and pamphlets to reach out to youth. It has also decided to organise conferences, seminars and torch processions and use traditional methods such as wall writings, banners, posters and hoardings, apart from spreading its message through FM radio and cable TV.
Demographically, India is set to become the world`s "youngest" country by 2020 with 64 percent of its population in the working age group.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt