NHPC general manager kidnapped from Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border
Itanagar: Armed gunmen have abducted a general manager of National Hydro Power Corporation at gun-point from Hatigate area in Sonitpur district of Assam.
Anil Kumar Agarwal, the GM of Tawang Hydro Electric Project, was kidnapped last night from Hatigate area bordering Arunachal Pradesh when he was on his way to Guwahati from Tawang, West Kameng district deputy commissioner A K Singh said today.
Five armed men came in four motorcycles, waylaid his vehicle and kidnapped him.
The kidnappers, however, left the vehicle along with the driver, police said.
Police suspect the hand of NDFB (S) militants behind the abduction.
A massive joint manhunt was launched by Army and Assam police since last night to rescue the GM, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!