NHPC general manager kidnapped from Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border
Itanagar: Armed gunmen have abducted a general manager of National Hydro Power Corporation at gun-point from Hatigate area in Sonitpur district of Assam.
Anil Kumar Agarwal, the GM of Tawang Hydro Electric Project, was kidnapped last night from Hatigate area bordering Arunachal Pradesh when he was on his way to Guwahati from Tawang, West Kameng district deputy commissioner A K Singh said today.
Five armed men came in four motorcycles, waylaid his vehicle and kidnapped him.
The kidnappers, however, left the vehicle along with the driver, police said.
Police suspect the hand of NDFB (S) militants behind the abduction.
A massive joint manhunt was launched by Army and Assam police since last night to rescue the GM, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown