NHPC general manager kidnapped from Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border
Itanagar: Armed gunmen have abducted a general manager of National Hydro Power Corporation at gun-point from Hatigate area in Sonitpur district of Assam.
Anil Kumar Agarwal, the GM of Tawang Hydro Electric Project, was kidnapped last night from Hatigate area bordering Arunachal Pradesh when he was on his way to Guwahati from Tawang, West Kameng district deputy commissioner A K Singh said today.
Five armed men came in four motorcycles, waylaid his vehicle and kidnapped him.
The kidnappers, however, left the vehicle along with the driver, police said.
Police suspect the hand of NDFB (S) militants behind the abduction.
A massive joint manhunt was launched by Army and Assam police since last night to rescue the GM, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Sidharth, Alia perfect for 'Aashiqui 3': Mukesh Bhatt
- Domestic black money window will ensure peace of mind: IT dept
- HTC 10 smartphone launched in India at Rs 52,990
- Rio Olympics: Police train dogs to sniff out terror threat at biggest sporting extravaganza
- Photo alert! Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor spotted on the streets of London