NIA files charge sheet against 12 LeT terror suspects
Bangalore: National Investigating Agency has filed a chargesheet against 12 of 15 arrested LeT terror suspects in a special court here for alleged conspiracy to kill prominent politicians and journalists in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.
Three others - Ijaz Mohammed Mirza, who was working as a scientist at DRDO, Syed Yusuf Nalaband, Muthi-ur-Rehman Siddiqui, who was a journalist, and Syed Tanzeem - have not been included in the chargesheet, police said.
The agency said it is continuing probe against them.
So far 15 persons have been arrested in the case while the remaining 10 are absconding. The arrests took place in August and September.
In the chargesheet filed on Wednesday, NIA alleged that the accused had hatched a conspiracy to commit terror acts in India by a LeT supported terror network based abroad and their associates in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.
They targeted select personalities prominent politicians and journalists in Bangalore, Hubli, Hyderabad and Nanded (Maharashtra), an NIA statement said.
The agency alleged the accused had collected arms and ammunition, as also stolen vehicles and `instruments` to commit offences. In addition to receiving funds illegally from co-conspirators, they also made preparations to commit dacoities/robberies to further raise funds, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP Basic Training Certificates: Registration opens for 2-year BTC diploma course for filling assistant teachers' jobs
- Vashu Bhagnani wants Amitabh Bachchan, Govinda to appear in 'Bade Miyan Chote Miyan' remake
- Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol's epic romance continues to rule the Internet! – Here's how
- Reduce your blood pressure – listen to the tunes of Mozart and Strauss!
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat is a father figure to me: FTII chairman Gajendra Chauhan