NIA files charge sheet against 12 LeT terror suspects
Bangalore: National Investigating Agency has filed a chargesheet against 12 of 15 arrested LeT terror suspects in a special court here for alleged conspiracy to kill prominent politicians and journalists in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.
Three others - Ijaz Mohammed Mirza, who was working as a scientist at DRDO, Syed Yusuf Nalaband, Muthi-ur-Rehman Siddiqui, who was a journalist, and Syed Tanzeem - have not been included in the chargesheet, police said.
The agency said it is continuing probe against them.
So far 15 persons have been arrested in the case while the remaining 10 are absconding. The arrests took place in August and September.
In the chargesheet filed on Wednesday, NIA alleged that the accused had hatched a conspiracy to commit terror acts in India by a LeT supported terror network based abroad and their associates in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.
They targeted select personalities prominent politicians and journalists in Bangalore, Hubli, Hyderabad and Nanded (Maharashtra), an NIA statement said.
The agency alleged the accused had collected arms and ammunition, as also stolen vehicles and `instruments` to commit offences. In addition to receiving funds illegally from co-conspirators, they also made preparations to commit dacoities/robberies to further raise funds, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy