NIA to consult ATS teams of neighbouring states
New Delhi: Widening its probe in the Delhi
High Court blast case, the NIA will hold discussions with ATS
teams of some states to look for leads.
"Teams of ATS of neighbouring states are reaching Delhi
today for discussions and consultations with NIA and Delhi
Police in connection with the investigation of the blast
case," Secretary (Internal Security) in Home Ministry UK
Bansal told reporters here.
He said teams of NIA are vigorously pursuing various
leads with the cooperation of Delhi Police.
"Some information indicating towards a Kashmir connection
with an email received yesterday from Harkat-ul-Jehadi
organisation is being pursued with the help of the Jammu and
"Forensic science experts who were summoned from
Gandhinagar and Hyderabad to assist in the investigation have
again scanned the scene of the crime today and have found some
more material which may have relevance to the investigation.
These teams are working directly in coordination with the
NIA," he said.
Official sources said the anti-terrorist squads from
Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Punjab would liaise with
They said in the view of the purported email sent today
by IM, which talked about a possible blast in a shopping mall,
the Home Ministry has asked Delhi Police to take appropriate
The forensic reports, according to sources, have also
suggested the presence of same chemical composition--PETN--
which was confirmed yesterday.
The investigation of the May 25 Delhi High Court blast
case is being handed over to NIA, Bansal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door