NIA to consult ATS teams of neighbouring states
New Delhi: Widening its probe in the Delhi
High Court blast case, the NIA will hold discussions with ATS
teams of some states to look for leads.
"Teams of ATS of neighbouring states are reaching Delhi
today for discussions and consultations with NIA and Delhi
Police in connection with the investigation of the blast
case," Secretary (Internal Security) in Home Ministry UK
Bansal told reporters here.
He said teams of NIA are vigorously pursuing various
leads with the cooperation of Delhi Police.
"Some information indicating towards a Kashmir connection
with an email received yesterday from Harkat-ul-Jehadi
organisation is being pursued with the help of the Jammu and
"Forensic science experts who were summoned from
Gandhinagar and Hyderabad to assist in the investigation have
again scanned the scene of the crime today and have found some
more material which may have relevance to the investigation.
These teams are working directly in coordination with the
NIA," he said.
Official sources said the anti-terrorist squads from
Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Punjab would liaise with
They said in the view of the purported email sent today
by IM, which talked about a possible blast in a shopping mall,
the Home Ministry has asked Delhi Police to take appropriate
The forensic reports, according to sources, have also
suggested the presence of same chemical composition--PETN--
which was confirmed yesterday.
The investigation of the May 25 Delhi High Court blast
case is being handed over to NIA, Bansal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’