NIA to consult ATS teams of neighbouring states
New Delhi: Widening its probe in the Delhi
High Court blast case, the NIA will hold discussions with ATS
teams of some states to look for leads.
"Teams of ATS of neighbouring states are reaching Delhi
today for discussions and consultations with NIA and Delhi
Police in connection with the investigation of the blast
case," Secretary (Internal Security) in Home Ministry UK
Bansal told reporters here.
He said teams of NIA are vigorously pursuing various
leads with the cooperation of Delhi Police.
"Some information indicating towards a Kashmir connection
with an email received yesterday from Harkat-ul-Jehadi
organisation is being pursued with the help of the Jammu and
"Forensic science experts who were summoned from
Gandhinagar and Hyderabad to assist in the investigation have
again scanned the scene of the crime today and have found some
more material which may have relevance to the investigation.
These teams are working directly in coordination with the
NIA," he said.
Official sources said the anti-terrorist squads from
Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Punjab would liaise with
They said in the view of the purported email sent today
by IM, which talked about a possible blast in a shopping mall,
the Home Ministry has asked Delhi Police to take appropriate
The forensic reports, according to sources, have also
suggested the presence of same chemical composition--PETN--
which was confirmed yesterday.
The investigation of the May 25 Delhi High Court blast
case is being handed over to NIA, Bansal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader