Nigerian arrested with 8 kg heroin
Amritsar: A Nigerian was arrested with eight kilogram of heroin estimated to be worth Rs 40 crore in the international market, while he was allegedly planning to move to New Delhi with the consignment today, a police officer said.
The special operation cell (SOC) of the Punjab Police arrested the alleged smuggler identified as Felix Odemole from the railway station here, SSP (SOC) P K Rai said.
The accused was a resident of Tilak Nagar, in the national capital. Acting on information, an SOC team apprehended him near the railway station and he was planning to reach Delhi with the consignment.
The contraband had reached here through the Indo-Pak border. A case was registered against him under NDPS Act, the SSP said.
Preliminary investigations revealed that Odemole was residing in Delhi since 2004 when he reached the country on student visa, which expired in 2006.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district