Nigerian arrested with 8 kg heroin
Amritsar: A Nigerian was arrested with eight kilogram of heroin estimated to be worth Rs 40 crore in the international market, while he was allegedly planning to move to New Delhi with the consignment today, a police officer said.
The special operation cell (SOC) of the Punjab Police arrested the alleged smuggler identified as Felix Odemole from the railway station here, SSP (SOC) P K Rai said.
The accused was a resident of Tilak Nagar, in the national capital. Acting on information, an SOC team apprehended him near the railway station and he was planning to reach Delhi with the consignment.
The contraband had reached here through the Indo-Pak border. A case was registered against him under NDPS Act, the SSP said.
Preliminary investigations revealed that Odemole was residing in Delhi since 2004 when he reached the country on student visa, which expired in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum