Nineteen Pak prisoners repatriated
Attari: In a goodwill gesture, India on Tuesday repatriated 19 Pakistani prisoners, mostly fishermen, after releasing them from Bhuj jail.
Of the nineteen repatriated prisoners, 18 were fishermen arrested nine months ago while allegedly fishing in Indian waters in the Arabian Sea.
Another Pakistani Shyed Mohammed, who had been arrested over two years ago from Munabao in Rajasthan`s Barmer district for carrying fake Indian currency, was also among those who were repatriated.
All the released prisoners crossed over to Pakistan through the land transit route of Attari/Wagah border on the basis of documents issued by the Pakistan High Commission in Delhi.
Expressing happiness at their repatriation, the prisoners thanked the Indian authorities for being kind to them during their detention period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing